Sunday, May 24, 2009

My Trip to Redondo Pier

Just about a couple months ago I decided I wanted to see if i could catch some lobster so I did a little reading and heard that Redondo pier has been known to have some lobster. So me and my fishing partner Carrie (girl friend) got our stuff ready and headed out. We arrived at the pier at around 5:30pm on a saturday. There were about 75 to 100 people on this fairly small pier.

When I go fishing and crab fishing I like to have a little room so that I can relax and have a good time. So I was a little bummed but I still set up my things and started fishing. Since it was so packed I decided to just set up camp on the back side of the pier. I had been there for about 3 hours and had caught nothing at all. But right about that time I got a bit on my line. It was a very large Mackerel. But after that I had no luck with anything. Right around 10pm I was ready to go but I decided I would give it about another hour. At that time I pulled up one of my pots and I had a decent sized lobster in it! I was extremely excited.

But once I cooled down from that I decided to just go because I really was not having any luck. If someone asked me if Redondo was a good pier to go to I would tell them NO. It is too over packed and really only has Mackerel. Maybe if you were to go during the middle of the week when it is less populated.

2 comments:

  1. Keeping lobster out of season is illegal and bad for sustainability. FYI

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keeping lobster out of season is illegal and bad for sustainability. FYI

    ReplyDelete